Are you in search of the perfect Halloween party theme that combines spooky and savory? Look no further, as we’ve got an idea that will elevate your celebration to a whole new level! How about serving up a Mexican fiesta with a devilish twist – the Red Devil Spicy Margarita!
Not only is it incredibly delicious, but it also comes with its own set of devil horns – perfect for adding a touch of devilish charm to your Halloween gathering.
Setting the Scene
Mexican cuisine is known for its bold flavors and vibrant colors, making it an ideal choice for your Halloween bash.
You can easily create a Mexican-inspired spread that’s both affordable and scrumptious.
And of course, no Mexican fiesta is complete without margaritas.
The Red Devil Spicy Margarita is destined to be the star of your party, adding that fiery kick to your celebration.
The Devilish Touch
What sets this margarita apart is its devilish rim.
To create the red-hot effect, we’ve dyed Tajin (a popular chili-lime seasoning) red with food coloring.
Simply mix about 6-8 drops of red food coloring into the Tajin, then rim your margarita glass with lime and dip it into the fiery concoction.
It’s a devilishly cute touch that adds to the Halloween spirit.
Adding the Heat
To give your margarita that spicy punch, we muddle 3-5 slices of fresh jalapeno pepper with a tablespoon of lime at the bottom of your glass.
You can easily achieve this by using the back of a spoon to crush the slices into the lime until they’re slightly mashed.
Then, shake up your margarita in a shaker. Our classic margarita recipe calls for white tequila, triple sec, juice of one lime, and a tablespoon of agave nectar.
It’s incredibly tasty on its own, but the jalapeno adds that extra kick, turning this cocktail into a Halloween masterpiece.
The Devilish Garnish
To complete the devilish theme, garnish your Red Devil Spicy Margarita with two small red jalapeno peppers.
Slice them at the bottom and remove the seeds, then place them on either side of your glass with the “horns” facing outward.
This simple step transforms your drink into a spicy devil’s delight!
Serve it over a generous amount of ice, and you’re all set for a night of Halloween fun.
Party Planning Tips
For larger gatherings, consider mixing up a big batch of the basic margarita and place it in a pitcher for easy serving.
Garnish each glass with Tajin and peppers, and pre-muddle the jalapenos at the bottom of the glasses.
Slice up a medley of red and green jalapenos and provide lime slices as accompaniments.
Your guests will be ready to join in on the Halloween festivities in no time!
Halloween only comes once a year, and it’s a time for pure, unadulterated fun.
No elaborate meals, no gift-giving stress, just good old-fashioned enjoyment.
And what better way to celebrate than with a Red Devil Spicy Margarita in hand?
So, this Halloween, embrace the spooky spirit, enjoy the company of your friends and family, savor some Halloween candy, watch scary movies, and raise your glass to the Red Devil Margarita – a devilishly delightful addition to your Halloween soirée.
Red Devil Spicy Margarita
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 3 Red Jalapeno Peppers Two red ones to garnish and the other to muddle and slice in the drink
- 1 Green Jalapeno Pepper
- 2 Oz White Tequila
- 1 Oz Triple Sec
- 1 TB Agave Nectar
- 1 Oz Fresh Lime Juice You will need about two limes to squeeze and garnish. Save the lime rinds to use for rimming your glass and muddling the peppers
- 2 TB Tajin
- 6 Drops Red Food Coloring
- 1 Lime Rind to rim the edge of the glass
- Pour the Tajin on a plate and add red food coloring while incorporating the color with a fork
- Use the left over lime rind to rim your glass then dip the edges of your margarita glass in the red Tajin
- Squeeze some lime into the bottom of your glass
- Add three to five slices of Jalapeno pepper and muddle in the lime with a muddler or the back of a spoon. To muddle you are just smashing the pepper into the lime which will release the spicy pepper oils.
- Add ice to your cocktail shaker and add your tequila, triple sec, lime juice and agave nectar and shake for 15 seconds
- Add ice to your margarita glass then pour your drink over the ice
- Make a slice in the bottom of each red pepper and place on either side of the glass. Make sure your peppers are facing out so they look like horns.
- Squeeze in a slice of lime and add a slice of both red and green pepper to garnish