What says Christmas more than a beautiful red drink with a green sugar rim? Get ready to add some festive cheer to your holiday celebrations with the Cranberry Christmas Margarita!
Whether you’re hosting a Mexican-themed party or simply want to enjoy a delicious and colorful cocktail, this cranberry-based margarita is the perfect addition to your festive menu.
In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of creating this delightful drink, complete with a green sugar rim and garnishes that will impress your guests. Let’s get started!
What Is A Cranberry Christmas Margarita?
Ah, the Cranberry Christmas Margarita, a delightful concoction that screams holiday cheer!
A Cranberry Christmas Margarita is a festive twist on the classic margarita, specifically designed to capture the spirit of the holiday season.
Instead of the traditional lime-based margarita, this version incorporates cranberry juice, giving it a beautiful red hue that instantly brings to mind visions of Santa Claus and his merry sleigh.
But what truly sets the Cranberry Christmas Margarita apart is its presentation.
To make it even more visually appealing, the glass rim is complete with green decorating sugar, reminiscent of fresh pine needles glistening in the winter sun.
As if that weren’t enough, the margarita is garnished with a skewer of fresh cranberries, their vibrant red color serving as a testament to the merry season.
Cranberry Christmas Margarita Recipe
Equipment You’ll Need:
- 1 Shaker
- 1 Shot Glass
- 1 Juicer
- 2 oz Silver Tequila
- 3/4 oz Triple Sec
- 2 oz Cranberry Juice
- 1 oz Lime Juice (If you don’t have a juicer, you can squeeze the limes by hand)
- 1 tsp Agave Nectar
- 1 Skewer Fresh Cranberries (3 cranberries per drink)
- 1 Wedge Fresh Lime (Cut your limes in half, then in quarters. Cut a small slice in the middle of the wedge to hang on the side of the glass)
- 1 tbsp Green Decorating Sugar (Moisten the edge of your glass with lime juice or a little agave nectar. Pour your sugar on a small dish and dip the rim of the glass in the sugar)
- Fill the shaker with ice.
- Add the silver tequila.
- Add the triple sec.
- Add the cranberry juice.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice into the shaker.
- Add the agave nectar.
- Shake the ingredients in the shaker for 10 seconds, allowing them to blend together beautifully.
- Pour the mixture over ice in a margarita glass that has been rimmed with green decorating sugar, giving it that festive touch.
- Garnish your margarita with a skewer of fresh cranberries and a lime wedge. This adds a pop of color and a hint of tanginess to complement the flavors of the drink.
Embrace the Festive Spirit with Mexican Cuisine and Margaritas
There are so many ways to throw a Mexican-themed party around the holidays. You can do a taco bar, or you can make enchiladas the night before and heat them up.
The grocery stores always carry red and green tortilla chips and get a jar of good salsa or some queso and how perfect is that!
If you really are in the mood to party I also make super cool jello shots in the shell of a lime that are super impressive and fun!
Other Christmas Cocktails You May Like:
If you liked the Cranberry Christmas Margarita, we have more delicious holiday drinks for you to try. Here are some of our favorites:
- Green Grinch Christmas Cocktail
- Grasshopper Ice Cream Drink
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Martini
- 20 Cranberry Christmas Drinks
Don’t wait for Cinco de Mayo to try out these delightful Cranberry Christmas Margaritas. With their vibrant color and delicious taste, they are the perfect way to say “Happy Holidays!”
Whether you’re hosting a Mexican-themed party or simply want to enjoy a festive cocktail, this recipe will undoubtedly bring joy and cheer to your celebrations.
Cheers to a wonderful holiday season filled with delicious food, good company, and memorable drinks!
Cranberry Christmas Margarita
- 1 Shaker
- 1 Shot Glass
- 1 Juicer
- 2 Oz Silver Tequila
- 3/4 Oz Triple Sec
- 2 Oz Cranberry Juice
- 1 Oz Lime Juice If you don't have a juicer just squeeze the limes by hand
- 1 Tsp Agave Nectar
- 1 Skewer Fresh Cranberries 3 cranberries per drink
- 1 Wedge Fresh Lime Cut your limes in half then in quarters. Cut small slice in middle of wedge to hang on side of glass
- 1 TB Green Decorating Sugar Moisten the edge of your glass with lime juice or alittle agave nectar. Pour your sugar on a small dish and dip the rim of the glass in the sugar
- Fill Shaker With Ice
- Add Tequila
- Add Triple Sec
- Add Cranberry Juice
- Add Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- Add Agave Nectar
- Shake for 10 Seconds
- Pour Over Ice in a Margarita Glass Rimmed in Green Sugar
- Garnish with Berries and Lime Wedge