Everyone’s familiar with the traditional Shamrock Shake, a St. Patrick’s Day staple. But why not take it up a notch this year? Enter the Boozy Shamrock Shake, an adult version that will knock your little green socks right off!
This delightful concoction brings together the classic flavors of mint with a kick of Vodka and Creme de Menthe, creating the perfect way for adults to celebrate the Irish spirit.
Let’s get into how easy it is to make this amazing drink!
Boozy Shamrock Shake Ingredients
Gather these simple yet powerful ingredients for your Boozy Shamrock Shake:
- 2 oz Vodka (Vanilla Vodka can be used as an alternative)
- 2 oz Green Creme de Menthe
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (Omit if using Vanilla Vodka)
- 6 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream (Not quite half of a half-gallon carton)
- 2 drops Green Food Coloring (for that extra festive touch)
1. Prepare the Blender
Begin the journey to your Boozy Shamrock Shake by assembling your trusty blender.
2. Combine the Goodness
In the blender, toss in the Vodka, Green Creme de Menthe, Vanilla Extract (if not using Vanilla Vodka), and the dreamy Vanilla Ice Cream.
3. Blend to Perfection
Hit that high-speed button and let the blender work its magic for a solid minute. Watch as the ingredients meld into a creamy, minty elixir that’s sure to please.
4. Pour and Garnish
Pour the blended goodness into two large highball glasses. Now, let’s elevate the experience.
5. Garnish with Style
Go all out by topping your Boozy Shamrock Shake with a generous swirl of whip cream and a cherry on top. Feeling extra festive? Sprinkle a touch of edible gold glitter for that magical St. Patrick’s Day touch. Don’t forget the green straw for sipping in style.
For the Young and Young-at-Heart
For the little ones, create a non-alcoholic version by substituting mint extract and a dash of green food coloring. This way, everyone can join in on the fun!
Whether you’re planning an elaborate St. Patrick’s Day menu or just want a quick and delightful treat, the Boozy Shamrock Shake is your answer.
Paired with some corned beef appetizers, this adult beverage is the perfect way to toast to the Irish spirit. Happy St. Patty’s Day!
Boozy Shamrock Shake
- 1 Blender
- Put all ingredients in a blender
- Mix on high for one minute and pour in two large highball type glasses
- Garnish with whip cream and a cherry on top
- If you're getting extra fancy you can use edible gold glitter on top as well and a green straw