What is more comforting than a hug from Mom when you’re feeling under the weather? Well, if Mom is away enjoying her best life in a Florida condo, JoAnne’s Rum Hot Toddy with Tea is the next best thing!
Maybe you don’t have a cold and just want to snuggle up on the couch with a good book and a yummy hot drink or your bestie is coming over to see your fabulous Christmas Tree!
Either way, this Hot Toddy with Tea will be the perfect treat.
The Perfect Casual Get-Together Drink
Hot Toddies have been served since the 1600s. Hot toddy’s are still regularly served in pubs and are now popular in our bars today as well!
When it comes to get-togethers with friends or neighbors, sometimes we prefer a more relaxed and casual atmosphere. Enter the hot toddy with tea – a drink that’s ideal for those occasions when you want something delicious and comforting without the need for a full-blown party atmosphere.
In my neighborhood, we often have game nights where everyone contributes a little something. Offering to make the toddies and setting out a plate of Christmas cookies creates an easy and enjoyable evening with friends.
Added Benefits of Hot Toddy with Tea
While hot toddies with tea are undoubtedly enjoyable for their taste, they can also offer some medicinal benefits. This Rum Hot Toddy with tea contains turmeric, a potent antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties.
To ensure your body absorbs the turmeric and reaps its benefits, don’t forget to add a pinch of black pepper.
Additionally, the orange in the recipe provides a boost of vitamin C, while the honey helps soothe the throat. Combining these ingredients with the delightful flavors of Chai Tea and a hint of rum creates a warming and comforting drink that can potentially make you feel better.
Ingredients for Hot Toddy with Tea
To prepare JoAnne’s Rum Hot Toddy with Tea, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 Chai tea bag
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1-ounce dark rum or whiskey
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 slice of orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
The Power of Garnishes in Hot Toddy with Tea
Garnishes not only add an attractive touch to your hot toddy with tea but also contribute to its flavor profile. Once you’ve brewed your tea, added the turmeric, and included your shot of rum or whiskey, it’s time to garnish.
- Slice a nice wheel of orange sideways and let it float on top of the drink, creating a visually appealing garnish.
- To enhance the taste further, drop in a cinnamon stick that will infuse the toddy with its aromatic goodness.
These simple yet effective garnishes elevate the overall experience of the hot toddy with tea.
Individual Preparation of Hot Toddy with Tea
A Hot Toddy with Tea is best made individually for each person, ensuring everyone gets their desired combination of flavors.
Prepare a lineup of mugs and place a tea bag in each one before brewing. Whether you’re making it for yourself or a group, don’t forget to add the garnishes.
Taking the time to include these extra touches will make you feel special and add an extra layer of enjoyment to your hot toddy with tea experience.
So go ahead, brew up a cup of tea, add all the goodies, and savor this warm and comforting hug from JoAnne to you, your friends, and your family!
To prepare a hot toddy, follow these simple steps:
- Begin by boiling a cup of water. Once boiled, pour the hot water into a mug or heatproof glass.
- Add a Chai tea bag to the hot water and allow it to steep for a few minutes, releasing its aromatic flavors.
- While the tea is steeping, sprinkle in the ground turmeric and a pinch of black pepper. Stir gently to incorporate the spices into the tea.
- Next, add the desired amount of dark rum or whiskey to the mug. The alcohol not only adds depth of flavor but also contributes to the overall warming effect of the hot toddy.
- Sweeten the drink by stirring in a tablespoon of honey. Adjust the sweetness to your preference, adding more or less as desired.
- For an extra touch of flavor and visual appeal, slice a wheel of orange sideways and place it on top of the drink. Drop a cinnamon stick into the mug, allowing it to infuse the toddy with its delightful aroma.
- Give the hot toddy a final gentle stir, ensuring all the ingredients are well combined.
- Now, it’s time to cozy up and enjoy your hot toddy. Take slow sips, savoring the comforting warmth and flavors. Allow the drink to soothe and relax you, providing a moment of tranquility.
Remember, a hot toddy can be tailored to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to adjust the amount of spices, sweetness, or alcohol according to your liking.
There’s nothing quite like a hot toddy to provide warmth, comfort, and a touch of healing. JoAnne’s Rum Hot Toddy recipe combines the goodness of turmeric, vitamin C from oranges, soothing honey, and the delightful flavors of Chai Tea and rum.
Whether you’re looking for a cozy drink to share with friends on a winter day or seeking a comforting remedy, this hot toddy with tea is a perfect choice.
So gather your mugs, brew up some tea, and indulge in this delicious and soul-soothing beverage.
Cheers to good health, heartwarming moments, and the simple pleasures of a well-crafted hot toddy!
More Christmas Cocktails
Rum Hot Toddy
- 1 Tea Kettle or pot (You can also microwave your water according to directions)
- 1 Teabag Chia Tea
- 1 Oz Dark Rum or Whiskey
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Add this along with the boiling water to dissolve
- 1 Tsp Honey To Your Liking
- 1 wheel Orange Float the orange in the drink or cut in a wedge
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper You must add this with the turmeric inorder to make it effective
- Boil 6 – 8 oz water
- Put one tsp of turmeric and a pinch of black pepper in the bottom of your mug
- Put the tea bag in a mug and pour in the boiling water. (Let this steep for 5 minutes.)
- Remove the tea bag and stir –
- Add Rum and one tsp of honey
- Squeeze a wedge of orange in your cup
- Garnish with an additional orange wheel and a cinnamon stick
- Enjoy the warm goodness on this cold winter day!