Get ready to channel your inner Marla May and light up your holiday soiree with a drink that embodies the festive spirit of Christmas: the Grinch Green Christmas Drink.
This delightful green concoction, garnished with a cute Santa hat, is the perfect way to spread holiday cheer.
Easy to make and not overly sweet, this fruity and fun drink is sure to be a hit at your party. With its combination of Vodka, Midori, Malibu Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a splash of seltzer, it strikes the perfect balance of flavors.
And don’t forget the adorable garnish, whether it’s a simple Santa Hat made with a strawberry and mini marshmallow or an elaborate version with sweetened coconut.
So, let’s dive into the recipe and learn how to create this festive and flavorful Grinch Green Christmas Drink that will have your guests saying, “Cindy Lou Hoo would be so proud!”
Fruity & Refreshing
One of the best things about the Grinch Green Christmas Drink is its balanced flavor profile.
While it’s fruity and refreshing, it’s not overly sweet.
By replacing Sprite with sparkling water, this cocktail achieves just the right amount of sweetness.
The combination of Vodka, Midori, Malibu Rum, and Pineapple Juice provides a delightful tropical twist that pairs perfectly with the holiday season.
The Perfect Mix
Creating this delightful concoction is incredibly easy. Follow these simple steps to create this festive and refreshing cocktail:
Gather the following ingredients:
- 1-ounce Vodka
- 1 ounce Midori
- 1 ounce Malibu Rum
- 2 ounces of Pineapple Juice
- Sparkling water or seltzer
- 1 drop of green food coloring (optional)
- Ice cubes
- If using a cocktail shaker, add Vodka, Midori, Malibu Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a drop of green food coloring (if desired). Shake well to combine.
- Fill your serving glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour the cocktail mixture into the glasses, filling them about 3/4 of the way.
- Top off each glass with a splash of sparkling water or seltzer for a refreshing fizz.
- Give the drink a gentle stir to combine the ingredients.
- Add your festive garnish. You can choose between a simple Santa Hat garnish or a more elaborate version with sweetened coconut. (Refer to the next section for instructions on creating both variations.)
- Serve the Grinch Green Christmas Drink immediately and enjoy!
A Garnish to Steal the Show
What truly sets the Grinch Green Christmas Drink apart is its festive garnish!
You have two options: a simple Santa Hat made with a strawberry and a mini marshmallow or an elaborate hat adorned with sweetened coconut.
Simple Santa Hat
For the simple version, cut a toothpick in half, skewer the marshmallow, and insert it into the end of the strawberry.
Elaborate Santa Hat
To create a more elaborate version, slice the bottom of the strawberry so it can hang on the edge of the glass.
Dip the end of the strawberry in white corn syrup or honey, then roll it in finely chopped sweetened coconut.
This extra touch adds a whimsical and delicious element to your cocktail.
Add The Finishing Details
To complete the festive look, consider adding red and white paper straws. You can easily find them on Amazon, and they will elevate the presentation of your Grinch Green Christmas Drink.
With these cute cocktails in hand, your guests won’t even notice if a few Christmas lights on your house decide to go out minutes before the party.
Pair your drinks with some easy appetizers and Christmas cookies, and you’ll have a party that would make Cindy Lou Who proud.
To ensure a stress-free gathering, you can prepare the Grinch Green Christmas Drinks and even make the garnishes the night before.
However, it’s best to wait until the morning of your party to make the garnish using fresh strawberries.
Strawberries can soften quickly after washing, and you want them to be at their best when it’s time to serve your guests.
Serving A Crowd
If you’re making this drink for a larger gathering, you can prepare a pitcher of the cocktail mixture in advance.
Just mix the Vodka, Midori, Malibu Rum, Pineapple Juice, and green food coloring (optional) in a pitcher.
Just hold off on adding the sparkling water or seltzer until you’re ready to serve. This way, you can spend more time mingling with your guests and spreading holiday cheer.
The Grinch Green Christmas Drink is the perfect way to capture that holiday spirit and spread some cheer.
With its combination of Vodka, Midori, Malibu Rum, Pineapple Juice, and a splash of seltzer, it strikes just the right balance between fruity and refreshing without being overly sweet.
Plus with the cute garnishes & polka dot straw, it’s sure to be a hit at your next gathering! So go ahead – channel your inner Marla May and make this delightful concoction today!
More Christmas Cocktails To Try!
Rum Hot Toddy
Green Grinch Cocktail
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 1 Oz Midori
- 1 Oz Vodka Titos
- 1/2 Oz Malibu Rum
- 2 Oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 Splash Plain Seltzer or Melon Flavored
- 1 Strawberry
- 1 TB Clear Corn Syrup
- 1 TB Shredded Coconut
- 1 Mini Marshmallow This ingredient would be instead of the corn syrup and coconut
- 1 Toothpick Cut in Half for the marshmallow
- 1 Drop Green Food Coloring this is totally optional – the midori makes the drink green but just one little drop makes it so much prettier
- Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Add Midori, Vodka, Malibu Rum and Pineapple
- Add 1-2 drops of Green Food Coloring
- Fill your cocktail glass with Ice
- Shake for 15 Seconds then pour in your drink 3/4 of the way to the top
- Top off your cocktail with seltzer water
- Attach your strawberry to the edge of your cocktail
- Add a cute straw
- Clean and dry your strawberry and cut off the stem
- Slice halfway through the bottom so you can attach it to the edge of your glass
- Push the coconut into the syrup and make it look like a ball
- If you prefer to skip the above and just use a mini marshmallow just cut your toothpick in half and skewer a mini marshmallow and stick it into the tip of the strawberry. Either one looks super cute!
- For two drinks double the above measurements in your shaker
- If you're having a party use a pitcher and pre mix all the ingredients except for the seltzer. Keep this mix covered in the fridge
- Pack each glass with ice and pour the mix 3/4 of the way in each glass and top off each glass with a splash of seltzer. Make sure you add a lot of ice to each drink because this cocktail contains a lot of booze and if you're not shaking it it will be more potent. We don't want your guests falling out of their chairs!
- Garnish each drink with a straw and a strawberry
- Happy Holidays!