Are you preparing for a Christmas party or have you been tasked with bringing an appetizer to a friend’s gathering? Look no further! We have the perfect Christmas Broccoli Wreath that is not only super easy and quick to make but also incredibly adorable.
Instead of simply arranging veggies on a platter, we’re going to transform them into a festive wreath, with broccoli as the base and colorful veggies as the ornaments.
To make things even more exciting, we’ll create a delicious dip for the centerpiece.
Get ready to wow your guests with this charming Christmas Broccoli Wreath!
Christmas Broccoli Wreath Ingredients:
- 3 heads of broccoli
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 large zucchini (or cucumber)
- 1 16oz container of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1 packet of dip mix (Knorr Vegetable Mix or Hidden Valley Ranch Dip are good choices)
- 1 small star cookie cutter
- 1 small round cutter
- Prepare the dip: In a bowl, mix together the sour cream, Hellman’s mayonnaise, and your chosen dip mix (such as Knorr Vegetable Mix or Hidden Valley Ranch Dip). Stir until well combined. This creamy and flavorful dip will be the centerpiece of your Christmas Brocolli Wreath.
- Set up your serving platter: Take a large platter or serving tray and place the bowl of dip in the center. This will serve as the focal point of your Christmas Broccoli wreath.
- Create the wreath base: Cut the heads of broccoli into florets, leaving some stem on each piece. Arrange the broccoli florets around the bowl of dip in a circular shape, resembling a wreath. Make sure to leave space in the center for the dip.
- Fashion a festive bow: Slice the red pepper and use the top part to create a bow shape. Cut the top of the red pepper into two double-bumped pieces, resembling the sides of the bow. Place a red pepper circle in the middle of the wreath to serve as the bow’s knot. Cut additional strips from the red pepper to mimic the cascading ribbon of the bow. Arrange these strips on either side of the red pepper circle.
- Add the star-shaped ornaments: Take the large zucchini (or cucumber) and slice it into rounds, not too thin. Using the small star cookie cutter, cut out star shapes from the zucchini slices. Arrange these star-shaped zucchini pieces evenly around the wreath, like twinkling ornaments.
- Decorate with colorful circles: Using the small round cutter or any circular object (such as a bottle top) cut out circles from the yellow and orange peppers. Place these colorful pepper circles around the wreath, creating a vibrant and eye-catching display.
Now, step back and admire your beautifully crafted Christmas Broccoli wreath! It’s not only a delightful appetizer but also an impressive centerpiece for your festive table.
Your guests will surely be amazed by your creativity and attention to detail.
To serve, encourage your guests to pluck their favorite veggie ornaments from the wreath and dip them into the flavorful dip at the center.
The combination of fresh and crunchy veggies with creamy and tangy dip is simply irresistible.
So, the next time you’re invited to a holiday gathering or hosting your own Christmas party, don’t forget to bring this adorable and delicious Christmas Broccoli wreath.
It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that will spread the holiday spirit and add a festive touch to any celebration. Happy holidays and enjoy your party!
More Easy Christmas Appetizers Make
Christmas Broccoli Wreath
- 1 Small Star Cookie Cutter
- 1 Small Round Cutter
- 3 Heads Broccoli
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 Large Zucchini It needs to be fat enough to cut out the stars – you may substitute a cucumber
- 1 16oz Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Hellmans Mayonaise
- 1 Packet Dip Mix of your Choose Knorr Vegetable Mix or Hidden Valley Ranch Dip are good choices
- Make dip and place in center of your serving platter
- Cut Broccoli into florets and place around the dip to form a wreath
- Cut red pepper to look like a bow. Cut the top of the red pepper and use two of the double bumped tops to look like each side of the bow. Put a red pepper circle in the middle and cut strips to look like the cascading ribbon of the bow
- Slice Zucchini and cut out star shapes and place around wreath
- Cut out both yellow and orange peppers in circle shapes and place around wreath