Who doesn’t love a cheeseball? They are easy to make, and inexpensive, and you can make them ahead of time! Totally a win-win, but I’ve taken it one step further! Individual mini cheeseballs that are so yummy and dressed up for Christmas!!
These mini cheeseballs are not only tasty and cute, but they also take only minutes to make and are rolled in cranberry and dill, making them perfectly festive.
Another fun feature is the addition of a pretzel stick in the middle, making them self-serving and ideal for your holiday party.
Now that we’ve set the stage for these delightful Red and Green Mini Cheeseballs, let’s delve into the key players that will make these festive appetizers a reality. Gather these simple yet flavorful ingredients, and let the holiday culinary magic begin!
- 1 6 oz Cream Cheese (softened, 3/4 of a brick)
- 1 4 oz Log Plain Goat Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 TB Dried Dill
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2-3 Minced Green Onions (If large, just use 2)
- 1/2 Cup Heaping Dried Cranberries (Minced)
- 2 TB Dried Dill
- 19 Pretzel Sticks
- Flips Crackers to serve
Preparing the Cheese Mix
- Bring all your cheeses to room temperature: Ensure that the cream cheese and goat cheese are softened before mixing.
- Mix cheeses with Dill, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic Powder, and minced Green Onions: In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, goat cheese, shredded mozzarella, dried dill, Worcestershire sauce, minced green onions, and garlic powder. Mix well until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Form into small 1-inch balls – you should get around 19: Shape the mixture into small, bite-sized balls, ensuring you have approximately 19 mini cheeseballs.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to one week covered well: Place the formed cheeseballs in the refrigerator for at least an hour or up to a week if preparing in advance. Cover them well to preserve freshness.
Rolling and Garnishing
- Roll half the chilled balls in the minced cranberries: When ready to serve, dice the cranberries finely and roll half of the chilled cheeseballs in them. Use your hands to gently press the berries into the cheese so they adhere.
- Roll the other half of the balls in the dried dill to cover completely: Take the remaining cheeseballs and roll them in the dried dill, ensuring they are completely covered.
- Push the pretzel stick into the middle of each ball: Insert a pretzel stick into the center of each cheeseball, creating a festive and convenient serving option.
- Display on a platter in alternating colors and serve with additional crackers or pretzel crackers: Arrange the mini cheeseballs on a platter, alternating between the cranberry-coated and dill-covered ones for a visually appealing display.
- Serve with Flips Crackers to complement the pretzel theme.
As you prepare to celebrate the season, consider adding a touch of culinary charm with these delightful Red and Green Mini Cheeseballs.
Cheeseballs are so versatile and loved by all, making this appetizer a sure hit for your holiday gatherings.
Here’s to a fun and festive holiday season filled with good health and happiness! Cheers!
More Festive Christmas Appetizers
Red and Green Mini Cheeseballs
- Bring all your cheeses to room temperature
- Mix cheeses with Dill, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic Powder and minced Green Onions
- Mix well and form into small 1 inch balls – you should get around 19
- Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to one week covered well
- Roll half the chilled balls in the minced cranberries using your hands to push the berries lightly into the cheese so they adhere
- Roll the other half of balls in the dried dill to cover completely
- Push pretzel stick into middle of each ball
- Display on platter alternating colors and serve with additional crackers or pretzel crackers