Are you looking for a lovely but a little bit different appetizer to serve on this Valentine’s Day? The Red Grape Bruschetta Crostinis are a delight for the senses.
It’s a beautiful appetizer that is slightly sweet from the blistered grapes but pairs magically with the ricotta cheese and of course a cold flute of champagne!
A Perfect Fusion: Fruit, Cheese, and Romance
Fruit and cheese have always been an extraordinary combination loved by many.
This appetizer, with its hint of sweetness, becomes the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day, especially when accompanied by a glass of champagne or a yummy martini.
Baking the Crostinis to Perfection
Start by creating the base of your crostinis.
Slice your baguette, brush it with olive oil, and lightly season it with garlic.
Place the slices on parchment paper and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Once done, utilize the same pan and parchment to infuse the grapes with a touch of garlic flavor during their baking process.
Magical Grape Preparation
While the crostinis are baking, prepare your grapes using a fascinating trick discovered on Instagram.
Place the bunch of grapes in a towel, roll it back and forth, and watch the grapes effortlessly fall off.
Once done, toss the grapes with olive oil, fresh thyme, and rosemary, then bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes until they achieve a wrinkled or blistered appearance.
Crafting the Ricotta Cheese Delight
As the grapes are cooking, mix up the ricotta cheese. A simple blend of cheese, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes creates a luscious spread for your crostinis.
Bringing it All Together
Spread the ricotta mixture generously on each crostini. Once the grapes are done, place about 6 or so on each crostini, followed by a sprinkle of chopped walnuts and a zest of fresh lemon.
Complete the masterpiece by drizzling a touch of reduced balsamic vinegar over each prepared crostini.
These Red Grape Bruschetta Crostinis are not only delicious but also pair well with any of the Valentine’s cocktails created for this special day. Imagine indulging in this delightful appetizer alongside a French Raspberry 75 or an Orange Rose Mimosa.
Truly a delightful and delectable choice to serve to your loved ones on this marvelous Valentine’s Day. Happy cooking, hosting, and enjoying! xoxo
Red Grape Bruschetta Crostini
- 1 Parchment Lined Baking Pan
- 1 Basting Brush
- 4 TB Olive Oil – Divided
- 1 Large Bunch Small Red Grapes
- 1 Tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tsp Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Baguette of Bread sliced
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 2 TB Reduced Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt – Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Zest Lemon
- Brush baguette slices with 2 TB OO and bake for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees
- Remove baguettes and raise oven to 400 degrees
- Put grapes on parchment lined baking sheet and toss with remaining 2 TB OO and the rosemary and thyme and bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees until wilted or blistered
- While grapes are cooking mix ricotta cheese with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes
- Put one heaping teaspoon or so of ricotta mixture on each crostini
- Add cooked grapes to each ricotta crostini and top with lemon zest and small amount of finely chopped walnuts
- Drizzle each prepared crostini with reduced balsamic vinegar