One of my favorite Fall cocktails is the Bloody Mary!
Sunday Funday is my favorite day of the week in the Fall. Perfect day for lazy afternoons or waking up late to a big breakfast or of course hosting your friends for Football!!
Besides food what screams Sunday more than a Bloody Mary?!
Bloodys have been my favorite cocktail every since I was old enough to sit in a bar in Wisconsin! In Cheese Country you get your Bloody Mary served with a side of beer which is still the way I drink them to this day!
Here I’ll give you my recipe for a classic Bloody Mary that will help you get your Sunday Funday off to a tasty start!
Selecting the Perfect Mix
When it comes to crafting the perfect Bloody Mary, it really comes down to the mix you use!
My bestie Michelle who has a garden that would put Martha to shame actually makes her own tomato juice with her beautiful tomatoes!
Since we can’t all be this fabulous the rest of us have to go to the store. (I like to look for a mix that has all natural ingredients such as no corn syrup.)
Now my most FAVORITE of all time is Bushel & Peck! It is so yummy you don’t need to add a thing. They sell a really cool Bloody Mary kit online that is reasonably priced and it comes with everything you would need to serve the perfect bloody!!
If I need to run to the store to get mix, my favorite is Clark & Sheffield from Binnys. They offer a couple different choices but I like the one with horseradish.
Crafting the Flavorful Base
Next of course is what you put in it! If you get a really good mix you don’t need to add much besides the Vodka. I do like mine to be pretty flavorful and spicy so I always add horseradish, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, celery salt, black pepper and both a lemon and lime squeeze.
From Drink to Meal: The Evolution of Presentation
Classic Bloody Mary
For the everyday Bloody drinker I usually just do the normal garnish. My go to choices are always:
- Celery Stick
- Cheese Chunks
- Good Olives (like bleu cheese stuffed olives are an awesome choice)
- Pickled Asparagus
- Slim Jims
Outrageous Bloody Marys
Over the last few years it has become popular to serve outrageous bloody’s that can actually serve as your meal for the day!
I recently had one for a whooping $20 that came with a skewer with a slider, a chicken wing, and even a doughnut!! LOL!
If you’re having the gang over for football it would be really fun to put out a Bloody Mary Bar where you could offer a bunch of outrageous choices like this!
You can get really cool skewers and picks on Amazon. So if you want to load it up with goodies just order the long bamboo sticks.
Bloody Mary Recipe: Step-by-Step
Now that you know what makes a great Bloody Mary, here’s how you can make one!
- 1 ½ oz Vodka (Titos is a fantastic choice)
- 3 oz Bloody Mary Mix (Clark & Sheffield or Bushel & Peck are recommended)
- A splash of Worcestershire sauce (approximately ¼ tsp)
- 3 drops of hot sauce
- 1 shake of celery salt
- ¼ tsp horseradish sauce
- 1 wedge each of lemon and lime
- Garnishes of your choice
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour in the vodka, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, celery salt, black pepper, and horseradish sauce.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and lime wedges into the glass, then drop them in.
- Gently stir the mixture to combine the flavors.
- Carefully pour in the Bloody Mary mix, leaving about a half-inch of space at the top.
- Finally, it’s time for your creative touch. Add your chosen garnishes, arranging them beautifully on a skewer or toothpicks.
Conclusion: Sip, Savor, and Sunday Funday
And there you have it – a Bloody Mary that’s perfect for your Sunday Funday! Enjoy it with friends, family, or just by yourself. And don’t forget to post a picture on the ‘Gram (maybe even tag me!)
Cheers and Happy Sunday Funday!
More Fall Cocktails To Try!
- 1 Shotglass
- 1 Skewer or toothpicks for garnish
- 1 1/2 Oz Vodka I use Titos
- 3 Oz Bloody Mary Mix I use Clark & Sheffield or my favorite is Bushel & Peck from Beloit Wi which can be ordered
- 1 Splash Worcestershire Sauce About 1/4 tsp
- 3 Drops Hot Sauce
- 1 Shake Celery Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Horseradish Sauce
- 1 Wedge Lemon and Lime
- You can add any of the following: Pickle Spear Celery Stalk, Crispy Bacon, Slim Jim Beef Stick, Pickled Asparagus, Skewer of Cheese Chunks, Salami, and Olives, or Fresh Cooked and Chilled Shrimp
- Fill glass with ice
- Add Vodka and all the sauces and spices
- Squeeze in Lemon and Lime wedge and add to glass
- Top it off with your Bloody Mary Mix leaving about a 1/2 inch to the rim
- Add your garnish of your choice