Super Bowl parties are all about great company, exciting games, and, of course, delicious snacks. If you’re looking to shake things up this year, Potato Chip Chicken Bites are the perfect addition to your game day spread.
These little morsels are so tasty and fun and will be your perfect appetizer on Game Day!
Let’s dive into how to make these delicious appetizers!
The Chip Coating Craze
One of the unique features of Potato Chip Chicken Bites is the ability to coat them in various chip flavors, adding a delightful twist to your party appetizers.
Whether you choose BBQ Chips, Dill Pickle Flavor, or any other chip variety, the options are limitless.
Just make sure to go for sturdy chips like wavy or ruffle, ensuring they stay crispy and delicious.
The Flavorful Experience
Creating these chicken bites is not just a breeze; it’s a flavor explosion waiting to happen. My personal favorites are BBQ Chips and Dill Pickle Flavor – they were a total hit!
Enhance the experience by serving them with a copy-cat Chick-fil-A sauce and Ranch.
If you’re feeling adventurous, consider adding Honey Mustard or BBQ Sauce to your dipping lineup.
The Addictive Chick-fil-A Sauce
Let’s talk about the irresistible Chick-fil-A sauce.
A simple mix of Mayo, Yellow Mustard, BBQ Sauce, and a touch of honey, this sauce is addictive and remarkably close to the original – the perfect companion for your Potato Chip Chicken Bites!
Chip Crushing Party
- If using two chip flavors, use about half of each bag. Crush them in a zip lock bag or directly in the bowl.
- If sticking to one chip flavor, crush the entire bag with your hands, then use a meat mallet to ensure finely crushed chips.
Coating Assembly Line
- Cube two large chicken breasts into 1 x 1-inch bite-size pieces.
- In one bowl, mix flour with Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Salt, Pepper, and a hint of Cayenne.
- In another bowl, whisk two eggs with a tablespoon of Buttermilk or Regular Milk.
- In the third bowl, place the finely crushed potato chips.
- Dip each chicken piece in the seasoned flour.
- Next, dip it in the egg mixture.
- Finally, coat it thoroughly in the crushed chips, making sure every bite is completely covered.
- Place the coated bites on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Generously spray them with cooking oil or, for a decadent option, drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then turn the bites and respray with oil.
- Continue baking for an additional 10 minutes or until they achieve a beautiful golden brown color.
For those looking to create a truly decadent spread, replace the cooking spray with melted butter.
Drizzle it over each piece of chicken for an extra layer of richness.
These Potato Chip Chicken Bites are guaranteed to steal the show at your Super Bowl Party!
If you’re expecting a lively crowd, double the recipe – these bites are so good that everyone will want to indulge in a few.
Consider pairing them with a refreshing Beer Cocktail, such as Super Bowl Shandys or Beer Punch.
Whether you’re a die-hard football fan or just there for the snacks, Potato Chip Chicken Bites will elevate your Super Bowl Sunday to a whole new level.
Happy planning for your incredible spread, and may your Super Bowl be filled with great company, thrilling moments, and, of course, delicious bites!
Potato Chip Chicken Bites
- 1 Foil Lined Baking Sheet
- 3 Bowls for Flour, Eggs, and Chips Set up in a dipping station with your pan as the final destination
- 1 Meat mallot or hammer to crush the chips
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts Cut in Cubes
- 1 Bag Potato Chips Or Half Bag of each Flavor Chips
- 2 Eggs Whisked with a TB of Buttermilk or Reg Milk
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cube chicken breasts in 1 x 1 inch bite size cubes
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne to flour and place in bowl
- Whisk two eggs with Buttermilk or Regular Milk place in bowl
- Crush potato chips and place in bowl
- Dip Chicken in flour, eggs then coat completely in chips
- Put on foil lined baking sheet and spray generously with cooking spray or drizzle with melted butter
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then turn and bake an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown. If using cooking spray re-spray when turning the bites