When it comes to Super Bowl parties, pizza is undeniably the star. But why settle for any regular pizza when you can have these adorable Mini Football BBQ Chicken Pizzas?
These individual-sized delights look like little footballs and pack a flavor punch with BBQ chicken – a combination that’s sure to be a winner.
Plus, they’re perfect for a buffet-style party, ensuring your guests can snack away during the game.
Dough Dilemma: Homemade or Store-Bought?
If you’re short on time or just prefer convenience, fear not!
You can easily opt for pre-made pizza dough from the store.
However, if you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, making dough is a breeze. Check out my homemade pizza dough recipe for a simple and delicious option.
Once you try making your own dough, you might never go back to store-bought – but hey, no judgment here!
BBQ Chicken Magic
If you’ve never experienced the joy of BBQ Chicken Pizza, it’s time to join the obsession.
Simply chop up a chicken breast, and fry it with garlic, oregano, and a splash of BBQ sauce to infuse that delicious flavor.
When using homemade dough, form your footballs on parchment, and then the fun begins!
Crafting the Mini Footballs
Spread a dollop of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce on each football-shaped dough, followed by a generous topping of shredded mozzarella and grated Romano cheese.
Add slivered red onions and the flavorful chicken.
To make these pizzas truly resemble footballs, cut large spinach leaves into strips for the laces – one long strip down the middle with three shorter ones going across. How cute is that?
If you’re using a pizza stone, preheat it to 475 degrees.
Bake these mini footballs for 10-15 minutes, but keep a close eye on them as they bake faster due to their petite size.
The result? A perfectly browned and utterly delicious snack for your Super Bowl gathering.
Mini BBQ Chicken Pizzas
- 1 Ball of Homemade Pizza Dough or 2 pre-made dough balls
- 1 TB Olive Oil (for drizzling on parchment)
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 TB Olive Oil (for cooking chicken)
- 1 Bottle of Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce (or any preferred BBQ sauce)
- 16 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 TB Grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 TB Oregano (plus more for seasoning each pizza)
- 1/2 Large Red Onion (sliced thin)
- 1 Bunch Organic Spinach Leaves
- Form dough on parchment paper drizzled with Olive Oil to resemble small footballs (approximately 3 x 2 inches).
- Spread Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce on each football (about 1 TB per pizza).
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and cook in olive oil with minced garlic. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and 1 TB of BBQ sauce.
- Top each pizza with 2 TB mozzarella, a sprinkle of Romano, and a little oregano.
- Add slivered onions and cooked chicken.
- Cut spinach leaves into 12 long strips and then sideways to make 36 shorter pieces for the laces. Place them over the long strip down the middle of each pizza.
- Bake at 475 degrees on a preheated pizza stone for approximately 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
Game Plan for Snacking
Planning to serve these Mini Football BBQ Chicken Pizzas during the game? Excellent choice!
Super Bowl snacks are essential to keep your guests satisfied.
Consider setting up my Baked Potato Bar at halftime for an extra dose of game-day delight.
Here’s to a Super Bowl filled with good friends, good food, and the irresistible charm of Mini Football BBQ Chicken Pizzas.
May your game day be as unforgettable as the flavors these little delights bring to the table!
Mini BBQ Chicken Pizzas
- 1 Sheet Parchment Paper
- 1 Pizza Stone Optional – you can cook pizzas on a baking sheet but just add 5 minutes
- 1 Saute Pan To cook chicken
- 1 Ball Homemade Pizza Dough – Recipe found in Valentine Blog You can buy pre-made dough- probably will need two
- 1 TB Olive Oil drizzled on parchment
- 2 Chicken Breasts – cut in bite size pieces
- 1 TB Olive Oil to cook Chicken
- 1 Bottle Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce You can use any sauce you want I just like the sweetness of this sauce with the chicken
- 1 16 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 TB Grated Parm or Romano Cheese
- 3 Cloves MInced Garlic
- 2 TB Oregano Plus more to lightly season each pizza
- 1/2 Large Red Onion Sliced Thin
- 1 Bunch Organic Spinach Leaves If you buy spinach by the bunch the leaves tend to be larger which you will need to cut strips for the laces of the footballs
- Form dough on parchment paper that has been drizzled with Oilive Oil to resemble small footballs approx 3 x 2 inches
- Spread above footballs with Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce-Approx 1 TB per pizza
- Cut chicken in bite size pieces and cook in olive oil with the minced garlic
- Season above mixture while cooking with salt, pepper, oregano and 1 TB of BBQ sauce
- Top each pizza with 2 TB mozzarella and a sprinkle of romano and a little oregano
- Add slivered onions and cooked chicken
- Cut your spinach leaves the long way to make 12 long strips then sideways to make 36 shorter pieces to use as the laces going over the long strip down the middle of each pizza.
- Bake at 475 degrees on a preheated pizza stone for approx 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges