Autumn is upon us, and what better way to embrace the season than with a Pumpkin Pie Martini?
Pumpkin pies are available September through December so why not make the most out out of this Fall dessert and serve it in a martini?!
There’s a lot of different recipes out there but most use Pumpkin Pie Spice and I feel that it’s too strong or it leaves an aftertaste. This martini is different from the rest because I use Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer and Pumpkin Pie Filling so there’s no need to add extra spices. This version makes it super easy, less expensive and more delicious!
The Secret to the Perfect Pumpkin Pie Martini
Pumpkin Pie Filling vs. Pumpkin Puree
Before we dive into the recipe, it’s crucial to understand the difference between Pumpkin Pie Filling and Pumpkin Puree.
Pumpkin Pie Filling is pie-ready and comes with all the spices pre-added, ensuring that your martini has that authentic pumpkin pie flavor.
You can easily find these at your local grocery store, whether you prefer organic options or trusted brands like Libby’s. Either one will work fine!
The Special Ingredients
What sets this Pumpkin Pie Martini apart is the use of Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer instead of traditional cream.
We recommend the zero-sugar variety from International Delight. With this creamer and the Pumpkin Pie Filling, you won’t need to add any extra spices.
Along with the above you add both Vodka and Dark Rum to give it more complex flavors with just a smidge of maple syrup.
I feel it’s the perfect combo to make a delicious martini that tastes just like Grandma’s pumpkin pie but with quite a kick!!
The Graham Cracker Rim
To add a pie-like touch to your martini, we’ll rim the edge of our glasses with a mixture of crushed graham crackers, a hint of cinnamon, and a touch of brown sugar.
To make this stick to the glass I added a very little bit of maple syrup to only half of my glass then you dip it in the graham cracker crumbs. I always only garnish half the glass as some people do not like the extra sugar.
Ingredients and Equipment
- 2 oz Vodka (Titos recommended)
- 1 oz Dark Rum (Bacardi suggested)
- 2 Heaping TB Pumpkin Pie Filling (not pumpkin puree)
- 1/2 tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 oz Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer (International Delight zero sugar)
- Graham Cracker Rim:
- 1 sheet Graham Cracker (crushed to a fine powder)
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Maple Syrup (for rimming the glasses)
- 1 Mallet (for smashing graham crackers)
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
Crafting Your Pumpkin Pie Martini
Preparing the Glass
- Begin by smashing graham crackers on a plate until they turn into a fine powder.
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar to the crushed crackers, mixing them well.
- Carefully brush maple syrup around half of the rim of your martini glasses.
- Gently dip the martini glasses into the graham cracker mixture to coat the rim with the flavorful crumbs.
Making the Martini
- Fill your cocktail shaker halfway with ice, ensuring it’s nice and chilly.
- Add the Vodka, Dark Rum, Pumpkin Pie Filling, Maple Syrup, and Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer to the shaker.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for about 20 seconds, allowing all the flavors to meld beautifully.
- Strain the martini mixture evenly between the two martini glasses that you’ve previously rimmed with the graham cracker goodness.
The Finishing Touch
I top it with a nice dollap of whip cream and sprinkle a tiny bit of nutmeg on the whip cream. So darn pretty and perfect for any Fall holiday.
This drink is pretty boozy. I would only plan on serving one drink per guest plus it’s pretty sweet and dessert-like so one is all you need.
This martini is perfect for a friends Halloween party or of course Thanksgiving. This is literally pumpkin pie in a glass so maybe no need for pie?! A martini for dessert would be okay with me..LOL
So indulge a little and enjoy a little pumpkin pie on me!! Happy Halloween, Turkey Day or any Fall Day! Cheers!
Pumpkin Pie Martini
- 1 Mallot to smash the graham crackers
- 1 Cocktail Shaker 2
- 2 Oz Vodka I use Titos
- 1 Oz Dark Rum I use Bacardi
- 2 Heaping TB Pumpkin Pie Filling Not pumpkin puree – you want the kind ready for a pie
- 1/2 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Oz Pumpkin Pie Spice Creamer I use International Delight
Graham Cracker Rim
- 1 Sheet Graham Cracker Crush to fine powder
- 1/8 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Maple Syrup Brush lightly around the lip of 1/2 the rim of your glass so the cracker crumbs stick
- Smash graham crackers on a plate till fine
- Add cinnamon and brown sugar to the cracker and mix well
- Brush the maple syrup neatly around 1/2 the rim of your martini glasses
- Dip your martini glass in the mixture to coat the top of the rim of your glass
Making the Cocktail
- Fill your cocktail shaker 1/2 way with ice
- Add your Vodka, Dark Rum, Pumpkin Puree, Maple Syrup and your Pumpkin Spice Creamer
- Shake for 20 seconds
- Pour evenly between two martini glasses previously rimmed with the graham cracker
- Garnish with a dollop of Whip Cream
- Sprinkle a little nutmeg on the Whip Cream if you desire
- Serve Immediately
More Fall Cocktails To Enjoy:
Cranberry Orange Mimosa