Yay, it’s Halloween – my favorite time of the year! I love everything about it from the weather, to decorating, fun food and drinks and watching scary Halloween movies. My all time favorite Halloween ritual is Hocus Pocus with my sisters! So what is more perfect for me than to concoct the perfect cocktail which is this Hocus Pocus Witches Brew!
This bewitching drink is a visual spectacle thanks to its mesmerizing layers of colors.
The secret to making this fabulous purple concoction is the Empress Gin. This 1908 gin is infused with butterfly pea blossoms which make it this beautiful bright purple hue which is perfect for your holiday cocktail!
Let’s explore and learn how to make this enchanting drink!
Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or enjoying a movie night, the Hocus Pocus Witches Brew will be your perfect companion. Get your cauldrons ready, gather your ingredients, and let’s start brewing!
Crafting The Enchanting Hocus Pocus Witches Brew
Creating this magical potion is simpler than you might think, and it’s all about achieving those captivating layers of color. Here’s how it’s done:
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 1 oz Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- 1 oz 7-UP
- Sugar Rim (for that extra flair)
- 1 Slice of Lemon to moisten the glass rim
- 2 tbsp Black Sugar
- Begin by running a slice of lemon around the rim of your tall glass. Then, dip it in black sugar to coat the rim – this not only looks super cool but adds a touch of sweetness that complements the witches brew drink.
- Fill your glass with ice, creating the chilling foundation for your Hocus Pocus drink.
- Now, the magic begins. Start with a layer of 1 ounce of Blue Curacao, creating a deep blue base for your potion.
- Gently and slowly add 1 ounce of fresh lemon juice. This adds a zesty twist to the flavor.
- The star of the show, Empress Gin, is next. Pour in 2 ounces of this stunning purple elixir with the utmost care. Pour slowly to maintain those enticing layers.
- To balance out the flavors, add about 1 ounce of 7-UP. Although some people use seltzer water, I prefer the extra bit of sweetness from 7-UP. It’s all about personal taste!
Adding a Spooky Twist to Hocus Pocus Witches Brew
To take your Hocus Pocus Witches Brew to the next level, consider these eerie additions:
- Freeze little black spider rings in an ice cube tray for a spooky surprise. They’ll look super cool and add a touch of spookiness to your brew.
- Use a tall glass to ensure you can fully appreciate the layered effect. The sequence is critical: 1 ounce of Blue Curacao at the bottom, followed by 1 ounce of fresh lemon juice, and then the pièce de résistance – 2 ounces of Empress Gin. Pour slowly and savor the transformation.
Sip and Celebrate with Hocus Pocus Witches Brew
With your spider cubes nestled in the glass, you’re all set to enjoy your movie night.
It’s time to call your favorite friends or family and surprise them with this awesome Hocus Pocus Witches Brew.
Cheers to the Sanderson Sisters, outrageous cocktails, and a Happy Halloween! 🎃
Hocus Pocus Witches Brew
- 1 Ice Cube Tray Only needed if you want to make the spider ice cubes
- 1 Bag of Black Spider Rings
- 1 Oz Blue Curacao
- 1 Oz Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Oz Empress 1908 Gin
- 1 Oz 7-UP
- 1 Slice Lemon to moisten the edge of the tall glass
- 2 TB Black Sugar
- Run the slice of lemon around the rim of your tall glass then dip in the black sugar to coat the rim
- Fill glass with ice
- Add 1 ounce Blue Curacao
- Slowly add 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Very slowly add 2 ounces Empress Gin
- Very slowly add about 1 ounce 7-UP
Spider Ring Ice Cubes
- Wash your plastic rings then put one face up in each section of your ice cube tray
- Add water and freeze over night