I love making and bringing dips to parties. Dips are easy to transport, you can usually make them ahead of time, and they are always a crowd pleaser. But if you are looking for something a little different but totally over the top, I’ve got the dip for you! It’s known as Neiman Marcus Dip.
There are a couple of different versions out there, but thanks to my daughter Alex, I have the yummiest version yet.
Her’s is just a little twist on the classic recipe. She uses Diamond Smokehouse Almonds and a touch of garlic powder, which takes this amazing dip to a new level.
The Origin of Neiman Marcus Dip:
Helen Corbitt originally made Neiman Marcus dip in the 1950s. She put this on the menu at the Zodiac Room in the Neiman Marcus that was located in Dallas, Texas.
In her recipe, you broil the almonds to bring out their flavor. Well, my daughter Alex decided to use Smokehouse Almonds, which give it a wonderful flavor and omit the need to cook them first.
The Million Dollar Dip Version
There’s also a version out there known as Million Dollar Dip, which is a little different as well. Million Dollar Dip uses cream cheese and spices. Alex’s version of Neiman Marcus is the original recipe with a tiny twist!
Alex’s Neiman Marcus Dip Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Smokehouse Almonds (Diamond Smokehouse)
- 8 Slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise (Hellman’s)
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (1 brick shredded)
- 4 Sliced Green Onions (Cut up into the green part as well)
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
1. Prepare the Bacon:
- Bake the bacon at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until crispy, or you can fry.
2. Mix the Ingredients:
- In a large bowl, mix 2 cups of Hellman’s mayonnaise with 2 cups of shredded cheese and 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
3. Add Green Onions:
- Dice 4 green onions all the way up to the mid part of the green and add them to the above mixture.
4. Incorporate Almonds:
- Chop 1/2 cup of almonds and add them to the mixture.
5. Crumble Bacon:
- Crumble the cooled bacon and add it to the mixture.
This incredible dip is best served with buttery crackers like Ritz or my daughter loves to use Flips, which are half cracker, half pretzel.
You can also cut up mini peppers or any veggies of your choice.
I remember the first time she made this we were all like, what the heck is in this because it is just too good!
I hope you savor and share this Neiman Marcus Dip at your next fall gathering, and prepare to impress your friends and family with a dip that’s sure to become a favorite.
Alex’s Neiman Marcus Dip
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Smokehouse Almonds
- 8 Slices Bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 Cups Mayonnaise Hellman's
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese 1 brick shredded
- 4 Sliced Green Onions Cut up into the green part as well
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Bake bacon at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until crispy or you can fry
- Mix 2 cups Hellman's mayonnaise with 2 cups shredded cheese and 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Dice 4 green onions all the way up to the mid part of the green and add to above mixture
- Chop 1/2 cup almonds and add to mixture
- Crumble cooled bacon and add to mixture