Hello, goblins! Are you headed to a Halloween party and in search of the perfect treat to bring or serve at your own spooktacular gathering? Look no further than these adorable Orange Pumpkin Jello Shots!
Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or just looking to impress loved ones with a fun treat, our Orange Pumpkin Jello Shots have you covered. Join us as we guide you through creating these charming, Halloween-inspired delights sure to enchant your guests.
I stumbled upon this idea when my sister, Fran, shared an article from The Times titled “Jello Shot Renaissance.”
Yes, Jello shots are making a comeback in a big way. Restaurants and bars are reinventing them, using liqueurs, unique serving vessels, and fun shapes.
This got me thinking, what’s more unique and fun than using tangerines as the perfect cup for a pumpkin shape!
The Perfect Cup
Not only is a tangerine the perfect size, but it’s incredibly easy to clean out and makes an ideal jello shot cup.
The fact that it’s naturally orange and, with a little garnish, can look just like a mini pumpkin cup, is just too perfect.
Ingredients and Preparation
- Bag of tangerines
- 6 oz orange jello (small box)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 3/4 cup of vodka
- 1 big lime or 2 small limes
- Thin pretzel sticks
- Slice each tangerine down the middle to create two cups.
- Carefully peel out the fruit and clean out any pith that is left behind.
- Place each tangerine cup in a cupcake pan to prevent jello spillage.
Making the Jello Shots
- In a mixing bowl, combine the orange jello with 3/4 cup of vodka.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water and stir until fully dissolved.
- Pour the jello mixture into the tangerine cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or, preferably, overnight.
For the finishing touches:
- Use a big lime or two small limes to make lime twists.
- Cut the lime in half and use a spoon to create thin twists resembling pumpkin curls.
- Insert a thin pretzel stick into the center of each jello shot.
- Garnish with the cute lime twist.
These pretzels serve a double purpose.
They not only make the stem but also function as a convenient handle for your jello shot.
Simply remove the pretzel, do a circle around the edge of the shot, and then pop the jello in your mouth.
Your guests will think you hired Martha Stewart to make these for you! They are not only cute but also delicious, as they pick up the delightful taste of the tangerine.
With these Orange Pumpkin Jello Shots, you’re all set to impress at your next Halloween bash.
You’ll be serving something fun and trendy that’s also incredibly cute and original. Have a spooktacular time at your Halloween party!
Orange Pumpkin Jello Shots
- 2 Cupcake Trays
- 1 Pan to boil water for jello
- 1 6 oz box Orange Jello The small box
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 3/4 Cup Vodka
- 9 Tangerines You may need more depending on how the size of your tangerines-no more than one bag
- 1 Large Lime To make little curls to look like pumpkin leaves
- 18 Skinny Pretzel Sticks
- Cut each of your tangerines in half through the middle and peel out all the fruit leaving only the clean shell
- Place each shell in a cupcake tin so the jello won't spill
- Boil one cup of water and dissolve the jello in a glass pyrex cup
- Add 3/4 cup of Vodka and stir well
- Fill each tangerine cup with your jello shot mixture and refrigerate overnight or at least 4-5 hours
- After gelled add your garnishes
- Cut lime in half and use spoon to disconnect the fruit from the rind
- Cut very thin strips with scissors or a knife about 1 1/2 inch long and twirl to make a curl
- Snap off 1/8 inch of pretzel stick so it's the right height to look like a "stem" and stick in the middle of each gelled jello shot
- Add each lime curl right next to the pretzel stick to look like a leaf