Looking for something delicious, a little bit different and a beautiful hue of pink to serve for Valentines Day?! The Chambord Daiquiri is the perfect choice!
This drink packs a punch but is a bit more drinkable than a martini. It’s got the classic makings of a lime daiquiri but has the addition of Chambord, which makes it perfect for Valentines Day!
As we dive into the Chambord Daiquiri, let’s uncover the history of Chambord and the easy steps to make this delightful drink for a memorable Valentine’s Day.
The Charming Chambord Liqueur
Chambord is a French liqueur that is modelled after a liqueur that was produced in the Loire Valley of France in the late 17th Century.
Chambord is made from red and black raspberries and is quite delicious in cocktails and also in a glass of champagne!
Crafting Simple Syrup
To prepare this delightful cocktail, you’ll need simple syrup.
While it can be conveniently purchased, making it at home is a breeze.
Combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan, bring it to a boil, and simmer until the sugar dissolves, resulting in a syrupy consistency.
This recipe uses 1/2 cup of each, providing enough for multiple cocktails. Store any excess in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Ingredients and Equipment
- 1 Saucepan (for making simple syrup or can be purchased pre-made)
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 1 Juicer (to juice lime or manually squeeze)
- 2 oz White Rum
- 1 oz Chambord
- 1/2 oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice (half a lime)
- 1/4 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 Lemon Rind (for a lemon twist)
- Simple Syrup (1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water)
Crafting the Chambord Daiquiri
Making Simple Syrup:
- In a saucepan, combine equal parts sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, simmer until sugar dissolves, and cool before use.
- Refrigerate any unused syrup; it will last for up to two weeks.
- In a cocktail shaker over ice, combine rum, Chambord, fresh lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously to blend the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture into a stylish coupe glass, perfect for a special occasion like Valentine’s Day.
- Garnish your cocktail with a fat twist of lemon to add a citrusy zing.
Whether you’re planning a romantic evening or treating yourself to something special, the Chambord Daiquiri promises a marvelous experience.
Cheers to a happy and love-filled Valentine’s Day!
- 1 Sauce Pan To make simple syprup or can be purchased pre-made
- 1 Juicer To juice lime or you can squeeze manually
- 2 Oz White Rum
- 1 Oz Chambord
- 1/2 Oz Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice Half a lime
- 1/4 Oz Simple Syrup
- 1 Rind Lemon To make lemon twist
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- To make simple syrup just add equal parts of sugar and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Simmer until all the sugar is dissolved and cool before use and refrigerate any unused syrup. Will last in frig for 2 weeks
- Add Rum, Chambord, Juice from half a lime and Simple Syrup in a cocktail shaker over ice
- Shake vigorously then strain into a coupe glass
- Garnish with a lemon twist